Thursday, September 17, 2009

treadmill training has it's benefits.


I've started to do some of my training on the treadmills at the gym where I have so many fun weight lifting experiences. I'd like to say it's because it's a nice change of scenary but honestly without Julie telling me to go outside I find the brisk cold a little much for me in the mornings. Meaning I'm a huge baby when it comes to the cold and would rather drive to the grocery store (which is approximately 5 minutes walk) so I can get in my car from the inside heated garage. Enough of my whining. The treadmill has been awesome. I actually think it's good to up your pace since it's such a controlled environment. I'm certainly not able to slack off on a certain level since I'll obviously just go flying off the end instead of on the road when I can just stop. I can up the pace of a few miles and easily follow my progress. I know i'll have to go back to the road to get the pounding back into my legs, but for now my knees and back love me just a little more then last week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment