Friday, September 11, 2009

Scheduling conflicts cause more solo running

Now that soccer season is in full swing and Julie has a big kid job. We're both stuck trying to get in our intervals and long runs without a motivating buddy. I'm honestly in awe of people who do this alone. Maybe i'm just used to supportive team environments but I can't imagine doing the entire 3 months training without Julie. Yesterday I had to run 10 miles without a partner and im sure it was significantly slower then usual but I'm still confident I could pump out a good time come the competition. i'm really hoping it won't be solo running for the rest of the time. we still have the weekends together which will be necessary for those long runs. This weekend is the 20 mile long run and i'm shaking! it's only one more mile from two weeks ago but that feels like alot! Regardless my partner will be there making me eat my gel packs.  

1 comment: