Sunday, August 30, 2009

19 miles in Hurricane Danny


As much as I love running the idea of trekking out in Hurricane Danny is not high on my thrill list, especially with my last experience with Hurricane Bill and my abode. I've just begun the Dalhousie Womens Soccer team tryouts and had already been standing in the rain watching soccer for 2 hours when Julie and I were supposed to meet for the biggest challenge of our training to date. A 19 mile run to Bedford. Torrential rain left me contemplating carrying goggles in my bra along with my powergel, ipod, and extra money for water. It's amazing how fast a bra can turn into a purse when necessary. staying warm wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be but I'd recommend investing in some gloves if you have the circulation issues I tend to have. Even after the first hour my hands were still green with chill. I think we both feel super stoked knowing that the marathon is only another 7 miles! I love that I'm at the point 7 miles seems like a jaunt in the park. 

There is no such thing as bad weather, just soft people. – Bill Bowerman

2 comments:

  1. I love that your hands turned green from the chill. Green??? Have you been O.D.ing on avocadoes or something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must be all the green grapes I had !! it certainly isn't the salads with all my carb loading i'm doing!

    ReplyDelete