Tuesday, August 18, 2009

back to the treadmill

So this morning I ran without my trusty running buddy, Julie so that I could go out to my cottage and "work" poolside. I'm bringing an office frien, Magda, so really i think it counts as an official work day. without my running partner to track the runs so I don't get lost in the very city I grew up in, I iresorted to the gym. It's embarassing how easily I can zone out and get lost once I get in a good rythm so the safest way not to waste a full day is to go on the treadmill. I hate to admit it but I love going to the gym now. its convenient and I've found the corners where the meat heads will leave you alone. my favourite gym meathead encounter must be when a juiced up guy came over to me while I was carrying 15lbs dumbbells and asked if he could help carry them for me... I just looked at him and responded "I think the point is I need to lift them, but thanks". I'm sure he was being nice but something about his chivalry seemed misplaced in a gym. The gym is always entertaining, you never know what youre going to get! for today I managed a quick 4 mile with sprints and nothing special about it. Theres no way I could do another run in this heat! the marathons in october so really i should train in air conditioned areas right?

No comments:

Post a Comment