Wednesday, August 19, 2009

running for mental sanity

Today is a "take-care-of-me" type of day. All these miles I'm running take up alot of time in your week and I'm realizing how mentally strenuous it can get when other areas of your life get neglected. Such as forgetting to do mundane but necessary chores like laundry, that turn into day events like the 3rd load i'm on now....all mostly socks and sports-bras since that's all I wear now anyways. regardless I took one of my many therapists (or friends as some people call them) on a walk/jog of the first part of my 10 mile run today. It was exactly what I needed. Friends are always great at giving that outside perspective you never seem to see still with your best interest at heart. I think more people need to take time out of their day to think about what they want out of life. For me my big questions of the day were am I looking after myself? This running can get exhausting and it isn't easy. Having my friends be the lighthearted addition to my day keep my legs light and ready to keep moving!! thanks for the chat therapist! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment