Monday, August 24, 2009

brother/sister Cory Pass Loop and Edith Mountain Banff hike


For a change of pace in the training my brother took me on a hike through beautiful Banff. We read "t
his is one of the most difficult hikes in Banff National Park, for strong hikers with good route finding skills. Return from Cory Pass by making a loop around Mount Edith and descending the Edith Pass trail" and thought this would definitely count for a training day. I just didn't think it would have to count for two days due to the after effects of using muscles I didn't know exist. Not only am I scared of heights but we were on our hands and knees crawling through some undefined terrain. I love giving people the misconception that I'm unathletic as I hiked a serious trail in my runners and lululemon gear. Even before we started the hike the typical skipole holding, huge sock-n-boot type of hiking group stopped me to make sure I knew the elevation was 915m. Man it felt good to pass them. We also passed another hiker who said he uses hikes as training for his marathons as well so I felt good about my substitution for a medium length run.  

No comments:

Post a Comment