Monday, August 24, 2009

how do you run outside when sydney crosbys in the building?

I went out to do 3 km loops of the local park before the lunch break crowds broke free and I ran into a ton of NHL coaches and players coming into the hotel. Even with all my international experience with soccer meeting many big name athletes I left just a little star struck. During the first loop of the run I really struggled considering i'm still ridiculously stiff from the mountain hike my brother and I did the other day but I persevered. On my 3rd loop in I got the amazing idea that NHL players=athletes=stay fit= WEIGHT ROOM IN HOTEL!!! so I ran back to the hotel to finish my run on the treadmill but secretly try to sneak a peak at some legends. Needless to say all i met were 2 commentators from rogers sports channel. No future husbands there (joking). I'm now sitting in the lobby on wireless internet before I check out hoping to see the Nova Scotia prodigy himself. I have a feeling I look like a huge groupie. Either way i'm looking forward to running back on known terrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment