Monday, October 5, 2009

Run for the Cure




What more could I ask for then a morning of pink boas, bras, and broads?! Going to my first Run for the Cure in 5 years (since my mothers death) I was almost nervous to go. I'm not sure why but there was a definate uneasiness in my belly. Maybe I thought I would be sad or uncomfortable. I hate to say it, but occassionally being around so many survivors made me question why my mom hadn't been allowed to live? anger follows. Regardless I think I've developed my "grieving process" and was elated to be surrounded by so many fuzzy headed women !! I loved seeing the first signs or hair growing back after chemo and the smiling faces of so many women and men out to support their loved ones. I even unexpectedly ran into my good family friend Richard who was running for my mother! Imagine if I had just sat in my bed wasting away my morning instead of experiencing such a reviving environment as the run? What a loss. For me at least at this stage, I love to talk about the successes and possibility of a future without the painful losses and see many many more smiling fuzzy headed faces : )

No comments:

Post a Comment